Monday, October 1, 2012

Leftovers

It's probably safe to assume that most people think of food when they hear that word; I would guess that it probably conjures up certain feelings as well.  And those feelings run the gamut.  You have those who would rather starve than eat leftovers.  Then you have those who are thinking how good their current meal will taste the next day.  There are those who save every single scrap and spoonful, and those (too many) who throw away enough to feed an army.

One of the first things I think of is Thanksgiving.   I love Thanksgiving leftovers!  The only problem I've ever had with them is finding room to store them.  (Or not having any because we ate at someone else's house.)

When it comes to quilting, leftovers can pose a challenge for some, and be a delight to others.  Just check out what Leah Day did with some incredibly small scraps.


After the BHS Raffle quilt I had Thanksgiving dinner kind of leftovers - in other words, lots.  So I decided to make a small quilt.



My  aunt was wanting a small quilt for a new little boy so I thought these leftover blocks would be perfect.





Since there were several celestial type prints it seemed appropriate to throw in a few wonky stars.





And, of course, to complete the star theme . . .




I think this might be my system for quilt writing from now on.  It seemed to work well; not only for spacing but also for keeping track of the next word.  It's so easy to get lost and leave out letters or words.




Of course, now I have these crumpled little leftovers.  No, I did not keep them.




More leftovers!




Eb






loves






leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment