Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Quilts in the Queue

queue  [kyoo]  noun, verb, queued, queuing.
 1.  a braid of hair worn hanging down behind. (did you know this? I didn't)
 2.  a file or line, especially of quilts people waiting their turn.
 3.  Computers. a FIFO-organized sequence . . . ok, you lost me there.

This word used to stump me.  I never knew quite how to pronounce it.  I do now, and I can even use it in a sentence.  Especially in a quilty kind of context.  For instance, I have three quilts in the commission queue.

Let's start with the last in the queue.

Somewhere in this basket are some antique blocks that my cousin's daughter-in-law has asked me to finish into several quilts.

Somewhere.




Oh, I think I see them.



Yep.


That's just three of them.  I'll do a post about this project in the future.  Let's not be jumping the queue.



The second in line is a quilt for that same cousin.  This African fabric was a gift from her brother.



I'm excited to get started on this.  I get to pick out the coordinating fabrics and I already know what pattern I'm using.  


But first . . .


I need to get started on this one because it actually has a deadline.  I don't know about you but I find that I work best with a deadline threatening encouraging me to get-er-done.  I'm thinking of starting a procrastination club . . . one of these days . . . when I get around to it.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.



Anyway, this is going to be a raffle quilt for the Bothell High School All Alumni Picnic.  The raffle raises money for the BHS Alumni Association Scholarships.

I'm thinking I'll do some kind of variation on Chuck (click here for post 1 of 4 on that quilt).  


This needs to be done by August 19th.  Stay tuned.

BTW - Pay no attention to the bag hanging from the chair.  That's a whole other queue called UFOs!

No comments:

Post a Comment