Sunday, July 15, 2012

PPP - Weed better be sure





To pull, or not to pull, that was the question.  This little thing sprouted up, random and, at first, unidentifiable by me.  I know some  most would have pulled it without hesitation.  I tend to use the waitandseeifitbloomsbecauseitmightbepretty method. I couldn't help thinking of its. . . Potential.






When this this little bud showed up I was pretty sure of what it was.  That distinctive drooping, hairy bud was a dead giveaway.  Also, I remembered that I had scattered some seed around in the spring.  So, no, I wouldn't pull it.  I was going to wait for the big reveal.  The next question was would it be worth the wait.









I should say so!
Ok, I know what you're thinking (I thought it too.)  It looks like I just photoshopped a pretty flower onto my ugly little weed!  Oh ye of little faith.  I guess I'll have to prove it.  There's no way I have the skills to fake all of these pictures:











Confession time.  No, I didn't add the blossom.  It's the first two pictures that I altered.  I still haven't gotten in the habit of grabbing the camera when I see Potential, and I hadn't taken any pictures before the blossom opened, so I edited it out.

Oh, sorry!  I never told you what it is.  It's Papaver rhoeas, a poppy.  Poppies are among my all-time  favorite flowers.  I like poppies so much, I might have to do a different kind of PPP - Partial to Poppies Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment