Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Winter Walk

I'm back.  Between the holidays and illness, it's taken me awhile to get back into the swing of things.  So let's ease into it with a walk to enjoy a crisp, sunny winter day.




I find it fascinating how frost interacts with different surfaces.


The water may look inviting, but that's actually a layer of ice on top.


And it's probably best to avoid our "hippo".  For the record, I did not even see him until I pulled the pictures up on the computer.


A little warmth on this chilly day - the fiery branches of a Red Bark Maple.



Frost, ice and bare branches:  clearly, this is winter.



And yet, a hint . . .
. . . of the promise of spring.

1 comment:

  1. Lorraine,
    Those photos are marvelous! I'm so glad you came by and shared them with us!! I've loved the wonder of the little things and enjoyed the freezing days of winter too. My car window had the most wonderful etchings of frost on it one Sunday morning, and while we sat in the car and waited for it to warm up (and thaw the windshield), I enjoyed those tracings of frost so much! What a miracle!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete