Monday, December 24, 2012

Sunday's Song

Yes, this is late, again.  But thanks to my niece, Megan, I have a video from yesterday which I wouldn't have had if I had posted on time.  Good things come to those who wait!

First, a bit of background.



It started with this group of seven kids, born over the span of 10 years.  Can you guess which one is me?  Here's a clue:  I'm the poster child for middle children!

We have a long history with music.  Having music in our family history, growing up in a church denomination with a strong singing heritage and attending schools with a reputation for musical excellence, it was inevitable that music would become a major part of our lives.

So, let's fast forward from these pictures taken in the '60s.  The seven became . . .

. . . 30 and counting.  This picture was taken at one of our annual Christmas Concerts, 1999 I believe.  I think this may have been the last concert, after more than ten years.   The recording from Sunday's Song two weeks ago was from one of the earliest concerts.



The reason for all this reminiscing?   Yesterday, at the end of our family's Christmas gathering (there are over 40 of us now), nineteen of us piled into cars and went caroling.  Each stop was meaningful for different reasons, but the last stop was extra special.  We went to our childhood home, the one in the photos above, which is now a home for assisted living.  I couldn't help but think of how we were singing in the very room where we first started singing over 50 years ago.  For me, it was one of the highlights of the day.

From our family to you.  May you realize daily the "wonders of His love."

2 comments:

  1. Lorraine, your family is so blessed! To be such a lot of people with great voices is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your family with us for my party!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so precious. It's a blessing to see a family that's dedicated to honoring God.
    I was one of six children and so happy I wasn't an only child.
    Blessings and thanks for sharing,
    Carolynn xxx

    ReplyDelete