Friday, December 7, 2012

A Mantra

I learn so much writing this blog!

Here's how that happens:  I want to use a word or phrase to impress you with my cleverness for a catchy title;  I'm not very original, so I go for something I've heard before;  I second-guess whether I really know what it means or how to use it properly;  I head to the online dictionaries (so convenient);  I get totally sidetracked with definitions, pronunciations, origins, forms, usage . . .sidetracked, but learning.

Learning that I only had a vague sense of what a mantra is.  However, I think a mantra is exactly what I need in the midst of this renovation.

So, you want to know what my mantra has been lately?









"So let it be written, so let it be done."

(A prize pat on the back if you got the movie reference there)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my. You are living in sawdust land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that layer has been cleaned up but I'm sure there'll be many more before everything is done. Cue mantra!

      Delete
  2. The " Ten Commandments " or is it "The King and I" . I think it is the former.
    In reference to you last entry . .
    Wow, I forgot about that arrangement of that hymn. So nice especially the last two lines!! :)
    Also, Dad sounds so young. That was one of my favorite parts of the family concerts; hearing Dad read.

    ReplyDelete