Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday's Song

This week's piece is a beautiful arrangement of a Salvation Army hymn.  


1.
Life is a journey; long is the road,
And when the noontide is high
Souls that are weary faint 'neath their load,
Long for the waters, and cry:

Chorus
The well is deep and I require
A draught of the water of life,
But none can quench my soul's desire
For a draught of the water of life;
Till one draws near who the cry will heed,
Helper of men in their time of need,
And I, believing, find indeed
That Christ is the water of life.

2.
Life is a seeking, life is a quest,
Eager and longing desire;
Unto the true things, unto the best,
Godward our spirits aspire.

3.
Life is a finding; vain wand'rings cease
When from the Saviour we claim
All we have longed for, solace and peace,
And we have life in his name.


On a technical note, I would love some feedback on how this Spotify play button works for you.  Especially if you don't already use Spotify.  I hope you'll leave me a comment.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have spotify and it didn't work for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have explained what Spotify is. It's a music streaming service, kind of like Pandora. I really like how it works. You might want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete