Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday's Song

I've decided to start a Sunday tradition here.

Actually, music on a Sunday morning isn't anything new for me.  In our house growing up, music is what we heard every Sunday morning.  Mom would wake us with the sounds of sacred music.  Usually it was choral. Often it was The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
I tried to carry on that tradition in my own home, albeit with less consistency.

For this first installment of Sunday's Song, I'm sharing a video - not for the video, but for the audio.  (And not for the stuff at the beginning!  Click at the 56 second mark to get to the song.)
I came across this video last year when I was looking for a recording of the song we were doing at church.  I can't remember why I kept watching past their silly introductions but I'm glad I did.  I was amazed when they started singing!
But aside from how much I enjoyed listening to their beautiful harmonies, I share this with you on this Sunday morning (and I know it could very well be a Thursday afternoon as you read this) in hopes that you will take a moment to *Sing to God with gratitude in your heart.

Lord, I will lift mine eyes to the hills
Knowing my help is coming from You.
Your piece You give me in time of the storm.

You are the source of my strength.
You are the strength of my life.
I lift my hands in total praise to You.


*Colossians 3:16
The word of Christ must live in you richly.  Teach and warn each other with all wisdom by singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs.  Sing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

1 comment: