Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ode to Danny

Who would have thought I'd be singing my cousin Danny's praises!  Certainly not any of my relatives who witnessed the teasing I over-reacted to endured when we were kids.  Even he, when asked if I had named my son, Daniel, after him, said "No, I was too mean to her."

As adults, we get along just fine.  (It's amazing what a little maturity will do.)  Of course, he earns big points for stopping by to visit with Mom and Dad, often with donuts!  But when he showed up the other day and announced that he was putting in the windows, I think I actually squealed for joy!  It almost, ALMOST, makes up for the torture.  (But don't tell HIM that.)


Let the fun begin!


Inside and out, ready for the first opening!



Let there be light!

At this point, unfortunately, I had to leave on an errand.  



About an hour later, this is what I came home to!

Even though it was mostly dark outside, I could already tell that they were just what I had hoped for!



I had to go check it out from the outside.

Whoa!
This seems vaguely familiar.  I wonder why!  (At least his face isn't smashed up against the glass this time.)



There's something warm and inviting about light shining out through a window in the evening.  But I could hardly wait to see the reverse!



First thing the next morning, I tried to get an accurate picture.  This one was with no flash, so you can see how light it was inside.  But the view through the windows was too washed out.


With some trial and error, I finally got close.  Using the flash allowed the outside to show up.  Looks mostly just green right now, but that bush on the left is a big rhododendron that blooms purple.  I also have a nice view of my cutting garden, the seeds of which the juncos are enjoying these days. 



And since this faces west, I'll be able to see the sunsets, rare though they may be.  








Awesome!  Thanks Danny!




1 comment: