Thursday, August 8, 2013

Out With The Old . . .

Guess who got a new camera!

My old hand-me-down camera was deteriorating so it seemed like it was time for a new one.

Guess what I've been doing!

Taking pictures!



How about some new flowers to go with that new camera.  I put together a few cement blocks for a planter right outside my door. It's kind of an odd spot but it was begging for some color. We'll see how it does.














Of course, my favorite shots are the close-ups.

It's a view that usually requires a little mechanical assistance . . .

at least for those of us with less than 20/20.

But more importantly, it requires intention.

I mean really, when was the last time you stuck your head down under the rhubarb - on purpose?
But how else would you get to see the cute little baby rhubarb?

Okay, that was less than five steps from the door.  Let's go a little further.


Not new to me, but new to this setting is the white metal cart.  It came all the way from Kansas.  It's perfect for this spot because its height allows me to see the flowers from inside.


Those green marble looking things . . .
are big green glass paper weights.  
They are definitely not new.  They belonged to my Little Auntie Ruth, whom I told about in this post.  I don't know where she got them, but since I've had them they've done a bit of traveling.

Now let's try zooming in from a distance.
This birdbath was about 12 feet away.  Not bad, little Nikon.

One of the settings on this camera is called "Food."  Hmm . . . interesting.
I tried with and without and I do like with better.  It's warmer, more natural looking somehow.

Okay, time for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment