Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday's Song

Last week we sang this lovely setting of How Much I Owe.  The text is an 1837 poem by Scottish poet Robert Murray McCheyne.

(This link will take you to the music publisher's site.  To hear the song, click on the top icon to the left of the purple picture.)
Title How Much I Owe - Search Results at Stanton's Sheet Music

When this passing world is done,
When has sunk yon glaring sun,
When I stand with Christ on high,
Looking o'er life's history,
Then, Lord, shall I fully know-
Not till then -how much I owe.

Chosen not for good in me,
Wakened up from wrath to flee,
Hidden in the Savior's side,
By the Spirit sanctified,
Teach me, Lord, on earth to show,
By my love, how much I owe.

Oft the nights of sorrow reign -
Weeping, sickness, sighing, pain;
But, when fear is at the height,
Jesus comes, and all is light;
Blessed Jesus! bid me show
Doubting saints how much I owe.

When I stand before the throne,
Dressed in beauty not my own,
When I see Thee as Thou art,
Love Thee with unsinning heart,
Then Lord, shall I fully know -
Not till then - how much I owe.

No comments:

Post a Comment