Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bargain Basement

Does that conjure up an image in your head?  It does mine.  I remember when the bargains were found in a store's actual basement.

The bargains I'm referring to, however, are not FROM the basement, but FOR the basement.  Check it out!




A few weeks ago, my cousin spotted these at Home Depot.



Look at those prices!

Last week, my sister and I went to The Habitat Store.  They sell leftovers from their building projects.  Here's what I got:

Some yellow tile trim pieces for .60 a piece (pictured below).
This light fixture for the bathroom - only $8.00.  A little paint and maybe different glass shades and it's still a bargain.


A door for the bathroom.  (Yes, I have a plan for privacy!  That will be a future post.)

Doors like this could cost around $170.00 but I got this one for $60.00.

Of course we had taken the car (to insure that I'd find some great deals - you know, Murphy's law) so I had to go back with the truck.  That's ok because when I went today to get the door I also found one more great deal.


These subway tiles!  
There was no price on them so the clerk said I could have them for .13 each.  If you buy all of them you get 20% off, so I did.  There were 79, more than enough for a generous kitchen backsplash.  But here's the best part.  He couldn't get the computer to work, or the cash drawer to open so he needed exact change.  I only had five ones and some twenties.  He let me have them for $5.00!  That's about .06 a piece!!

Yay bargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment