Monday, September 3, 2012

Cue Tips

Trying to come up with a clever post title is sometimes quite a mind journey for me.  This trip started with a "just the facts ma'am" title:  Tips.  Along the way, I visited the old favorite of strikethroughs:  Tip of the Day, Week, Month . . .  When I got to Quilting Tips it was still too boring for my taste.  Then it hit me.  How about a play on those famous cotton swabs known as . . .  I went to their website.  They make it very clear that they don't want you to use the name inappropriately.   Fine.  No problem.

I like this title even better.

And I really do have a quilting tip to share.



When I run out of bobbin thread in the middle of free motion quilting, I put a large brass safety pin where I stopped to make it easier to find my place.

Not rocket science, I know.    But who wants to have to search all over for where you left off when you're already annoyed that you've run out of thread.

It's the little things.

Speaking of little things:
Do you know what the Q stands for in Q-Tips . . . cue-tips?  I do now.

1 comment: